COVID test in Cancun
Get your COVID test in Cancun & Riviera Maya
PCR COVID test
Want to get your COVID test in Cancun ? Find out where right here!
Find out where to Receive your COVID test in Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Morelos, Tulum and Cozumel here. Most countries now demand a negative covid test upon entry (USA & Canada ), and unfortunatly more and more will follow. Now that hotels are utilizing third party labs to help execute their particular testing strategies for guests, so it doesn’t need to be more stressful. For some countries this means having a PCR evaluation, yet, based on new CDC advice, it resembles Antigen evaluations will be acceptable to meet with the new US requirement starting effect on 1/26.
Also, triple-check with the country you’re entering, precisely what kind of negative evaluation you are going to require.
Table of Contents
Cancun COVID test
Where to Get Your COVID Test in Cancun & the Riviera Maya
Costamed COVID Tests in Cancun & Riviera Maya
For expats, and a few locals Costamed is the “goto” healthcare provider for western standard hygiene, technology, and support in the Riviera Maya.
Many people have used their service lots of times, sometimes at the exact middle of the night and they all had been seen immediatly with a truly good support! The hospitals are open 24 hours per day, 365 days a year as a way to guarantee emergency care that is very important to the community and our customers.
Costamed boasts the top health professionals in the Mexican Caribbean with 4 hospitals in the Quintana Roo region, including Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Morelos and Tulum, as well as consultative complex in Mahahual and also a dentist office at Puerta Maya, Cozumel.
They’re committed to serving individuals having a particular Focus on security and offer the COVID test in Cancun.
Each location has cutting-edge facilities and technology, and an exemplary, professional and highly qualified team of bilingual accredited doctors.
COSTAMED COVID-TESTING PRICES:
1. PCR Test (the test largely needed for travel): $ 2,499 MXN = $126 USD (at the clinic) OR at-home testing: From $ 2,849 MXN = $141 USD(if you don’t want to go to the clinic)
2. Rapid Blood Test from $ 799 MXN = $40 USD (at the clinic) OR home testing: From $ 1,149 MXN = $58 USD (if you don’t want to go to the clinic) OR At home testing + General Medicine consultation through telemedicine: from $1,449 MXN = $73 USD
3. Extended Blood Test: Blood test (IgG/IgM) + Imaging and Laboratory Studies+ General Medicine consultation, $ 2,117 MXN =$105 USD (at the clinic)
4. Rapid Antigen Test (USA approved) from $ 699 MXN = $35 USD (at the clinic) OR at-home testing: From $ 1,049 MXN = $53 USD (if you don’t want to go to the clinic)
Contact Costamed COVID Test:Call the closest clinic to you on ASAP:
Note: For the PCR test, it is necessary to submit the epidemiological form, filled in with the patient’s data.
If You Need The PCR Test For a Trip, check this
Some countries require a negative PCR COVID certificate no later than 48-72 hours before entry. This means that the timing of your test matters, to make sure you get the result before your flight.
Luckily, Costamed has built a travel sampling calculator in which you simply enter your details, your airline, destination etc and it will tell you what date your sample must be taken on.
COVID Testing for Air Travel
They offer extensive Hospital expertise at the Clinical, Microbiological and Research. For Sale in Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and Cozumen the lab, they’ve engaged within the tourism sector since 1990. Laclicsa labs are one of the very famous and respected practices in the region. They are a fundamental engine of Mexico, offering the Sanitary Control Service of Water, Food and Beverages, which allows the hotel, restaurant, aeronautical and very identical branches to know the caliber quality of these products which they offer to the user to be able to preserve their health insurance and at the same time take care of the prestige in their company.
LACLICSCA COVID-TESTING PRICES:
1. PCR Test (the test needed for travel): $ 2,994 MXN = $51 USD (at the clinic) OR At-home testing for an extra cost (they don’t detail how much extra on the website)
2. Rapid Blood Test : from $ 999 MXN = $50 USD (at the clinic) OR At-home testing for an extra cost (they don’t detail how much extra on the website)
3. Rapid Antigen Test (USA approved) from $ 1528 MXN = $78 USD (at the clinic) OR At-home testing for an extra cost (they don’t detail how much extra on the website)
You can book your appointment via their online booking tool here.
Hospiten have over 50 years of experience, they own 20 private medical-hospital centers in Spain, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Jamaica and Panama, also attend to over 1,700,000 patients from all around the globe annually with a workforce of more than 5,000 people.Available in Cancun and the Riviera Maya. The types of evaluation available are PCR qualitative detection, which informs you whether you’re is infected or not and antibody evaluations, both qualitative IgG and IgM antibody test (called the rapid diagnostic evaluation ) and the qualitative IgG and IgM antibody test. They are one of the most called hospital for COVID test in Cancun.
How to Book Your Appointment?
There is limited information at this stage on their website regarding pricing. However, on their website, they tell you to:
- Contact Hospital via email at firstname.lastname@example.org make a free COVID-19 video-consultation where the doctor will advise you on the best course of action and prescribe the most suitable type of test, and in the case, the test is carried out, communicate and discuss the results.
- Once the individual clinical evaluation has been carried out, testing can be recommended for different collective groups you may have been in contact with.
This new service falls in line with the guidelines of the World Health Organisation (WHO) which recommend testing the public to be able to isolate those infected.
Hotels and Resorts offering the Covid test
More and more hotels are offering a PCR COVID Test service to their guests!
Enjoy your journey, get exactly what you booked for, and let the hotel take good care of those information. If you love the simplest option, then this is it! Get your COVID test in Cancun booked in when you book one of these resorts together today. Some of the tests are free (NOT all of them)! Plus, SOME of the resorts are covering you if you do happen to test negative. So check with the reception of the hotel/resort where you are staying if they offer a COVID test in Cancun and the Riviera Maya.
Sandos Resorts: offering the Antigen test FREE to anyone travelling to or through the USA and PCR tests at a “reduced price” to their guests. All tests are carried out on the property. In case anyone gets positive et the COVID test in Cancun they will be granted free quarantine at the hotel for 14 days.
Blue Diamond Resorts: From January 26h, 2021 Blue Diamond Resorts will offer to US travellers free on-site COVID-19 viral tests and free Medical Assistance coverage to cover the cost of any accidents or illness including COVID-19 related medical needs.
Valentin Imperial Maya: Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya will offer the Antigen testing directly on their property starting on Jan 23rd 2021, at the cost of 33 USD per person (plus taxes) to be paid directly at the resort. Test results will normally be received the same day, but it is highly recommended for guests to schedule an appointment on arrival to be tested 48-72 hours before departure shall unexpected delays occur. If guests prefer PCR Covid test, an appointment can be made on arrival through the Hospiten group. The price for Valentin guests is 150 USD plus taxes. Payment is made directly at the hospital.
Excellence Group: In this hotel group, they offer the free test of Antigen for the USA and PCR for Canada. Testing will be available on-site and free of charge starting on January 18th 2021 for Canada, and January 23rd 2021 for the USA.
Grupo Lomas: The resorts from Grupo Lomas are offering the Nasal PCR test required for travelling for $233 per person. There are some Ts & Cs to note:
- 4 hours of fasting before the appointment is required.
- The date and time of test must be confirmed prior to your arrival at the resort.
- The test must be prepaid.
- The test will be conducted by Laclicsa nurse who will attend the hotel/resort
- You will receive a certification in English via email
- Nasal PCR results will be available within 48 hours
AM Resorts: Am Resorts now offer free COVID-19 Antigen testing onsite at no extra costs to guests travelling to the US beginning on the 26th of January. On property testing will be given by Hospiten. Test results will be received the same day and guests should contact the concierge at each resort upon arrival to schedule departure testing. For guests that require PCR, this can be arranged for a preferential cost.
Grand Hyatt: At Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, they put first the safety and wellbeing of their guests as a top priority. They have partnered with Hospiten Playa del Carmen to facilitate test appointments at a preferential costs for our guests.
Getting a COVID test in Cancun
COVID Test Cancun Airport
There are three laboratory modules that were installed on Monday 25th of January 2021, one in each Terminal 2, 3 and 4 of the Cancun Airport for passengers that require a rapid Covid-19 test. READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Open from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM EVERYDAY
- First come – First Serve. NO appointments available
- It takes approximately 30-60 minutes for the ANTIGEN results
- It take approximately 24-48 hours for the PCR Test
- The test costs approximately $290.00 pesos PER ANTIGEN TEST
- The test costs approximately $2000.00 pesos PER PCR TEST
- Opening Hours, Locations, Availability, and Price may change without notice
- There is NO contact information available. These are MOBILE units. If you had a test done, look at the papers/results you received in your email for information regarding your test.
TRAVELING TO THE USA
SinceJanuary 26 2021, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires all air passengers entering the United States (including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative COVID-19 test, taken within three calendar days of departure ( Read the Official Policy Announcement from the CDC).
TRAVELING TO CANADA
COVID-19 Testing required for people flying into Canada since January 7, 2021. Air travelers 5 years of age or older are required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test result to the airline prior to boarding international flights bound for Canada (Read the Official Policy Announcement from the Government of Canada)
TRAVELING TO OTHER COUNTRIES
If you are flying to other countries, please make sure you check their travel restrictions and Covid-19 Testing requirements as soon as possible. In addition, we recommend you check with your airline for THEIR travel policies regarding international travel and Covid-19 Testing.
TO GET THE ENTIRE LIST OF PLACES TO GET A COVID TEST IN THE RIVIERA MAYA, FOLLOW THE LINK.
Puerto Morelos COVID test
Who need a COVID test in Cancun?
Get A COVID Test If:
- You think you might have the virus and need to go places(so you can protect our community and minimize the spread)
- You need to show a negative PCR or Antigen COVID test resultto enter a specific country when it’s time to leave Mexico (for example if you are travelling to, Canada, USA, UK, Columbia, Bali, Turks and Caicos, Cyprus, The Maldives … and many more).
When Do You Need to Take Your Covid Test?
Hopefully, more states additionally follow lawsuit embracing the Antigen evaluation .In addition they require special evaluations.Most countries take a negative test valid for a 48-72 hour , as a way to gain entrance.The PCR is undoubtedly the most commonly accepted however as of the 26th of Jan, the Antigen evaluation is going to probably likely soon be accepted for USA aviation passengers too, making life a little bit easier because you can get your results in minutes!
Types of COVID Test in Cancun Available
At most clinics the following COVID-19 detection are available:
-PCR Test (Polymerase Chain Reaction)
Genetic material testing… If you reach a country that requires a negative PCR result, with out a PCR result you will be denied entry OR have to quarantine at the government facilities for two weeks!Not only that but in addition, it provides you reassurance that you aren’t jeopardising the area community with the risk of an expected outbreak. I have said that one first as the PCR test comes with a certificate, and so is the kind of test many travelers will require to permit travel to the states requiring a poor test result.It is very important that you check the guidelines, and also with a very little extra planning, you can ensure hanging around when it has to do with your travel itinerary.
What’s a PCR COVID Evaluation?
The PCR test is highly efficient and specific in identifying the herpes virus from different pathogens, also it’s exceedingly sensitive and painful when the pathogen is at minimal amounts and also the early stages of the illness .
By going for a little sample of organic material, the substance is augmented to recognize a more particular hereditary string of their broker.Once that is performed, it’s optimized for identification.The sample is obtained through a naso-pharyngeal exudate by adding a long cotton swab during the nostrils along with the neck having a rotating movement.The PCR evaluation (Polymerase Chain Reaction) may be your first test used to find the exact Sars-CoV-2 virus which results in the COVID-19 disorder in humans.The PCR test can be really actually just a molecular chemistry lab evaluation , and its aim is to locate genetic material from germs which cause diseases.The RNA is examined with a”reverse-transcriptase,” that translates to some complementary DNA.
-Rapid Blood Test Blood Evaluation (IgG/IgM)
Our immune system, which is in charge of defending us against diseases, produces radicals to shield us in various pathogens including bacteria, allergens, viruses, or viruses.These antibodies are very different according to what they are fighting.These test analyze immunoglobulin levels, so the cluster of different antibodies might be measured.
Blood test (IgG/IgM) + Imaging and Laboratory Studies+ General Medicine consultation. Form fast test, several physical evaluations might be performed. Including Chest Xrays General Physician appointment, respectively. The fast tests consider a time difference between the moment you might get the disorder and the moment that the immune system produces antibodies, which is the reason why a speedy test could truly have a”NEGATIVE” result.
Still, when copying the test after a few days, the result could be”POSITIVE.”
Rapid Antigen Test
The rapid antigen test is really a lately approved by WHO and the United Local for entrance to the USA.Once the sample is collected, it’s processed to recognize the protein chains and determine exactly . The rapid antigen evaluation works better within the first 1 week of symptoms for COVID-19. Once discovered, it’s presumed that the patient has contracted the Sars CoV-2 virus also can form the COVID-19 disease and spread the infection. The Sars CoV-2 virus’s presence.For this test, they use a totally sealed kit which comprises a long peel by which the sample is removed from the nasopharynx. Such a test finds the proteins from the virus’s protective coating, also called antigens.It’s a fresh sort of diagnostic test for COVID test in Cancun.
After this amount of time, the chances of producing a false destructive gain.
Top restaurants in Tulum you should try in 2021
Spearfishing Cancun & Playa del Carmen + 4 tips for spearfishing in Mexico
Puerto Morelos to Playa del Carmen
Diving in Puerto Morelos
Coba Ruins Mexico
Covid test in Cancun & Riviera Maya
Glamping in the Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya Snorkeling Guide to snorkel (almost) for FREE
How to visit Sian Ka'an biosphere reserve Tulum
Guide to visit MEXICO PYRAMIDS depending on where you are staying
Isla Mujeres Cancun
Cancun Airport to Puerto Morelos
Things to do in Puerto Morelos
Snorkeling in Puerto Morelos
Swimming Pool in Puerto morelos - Day for only 200 MXN
Snorkeling in Cozumel - Best of the Riviera Maya
XCARET DAY OF THE DEAD 2020 - Festitival of Death and Life Traditions
Where to celebrate Day of the Dead in Mexico - Updates 2020
Day of the Dead in Mexico Traditions
See things to do in Cancun
Book your trip
Are you ready to book your trip? .Here are the websites you can use to book your trip, get inspired with the best things to do in your destinations and travel smarter.
- Kiwi.com– A great website to book your flights. It has good airfares but you need to search regulaly as the prices are constantly changing
- Booking.com – The best website to book your accommodation, you can book and cancel free up until a certain point, especially when your plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – You can get some really nice places to stay here. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hotel.com – Huge choice of hotels with free cancellation up until a certain point. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Agoda – Agoda is very good if you are searching hotels, resorts, houses. They always have attractive promotions.
- Get your Guide – It is a platform where you will find tours and excurtions in Cozumel and every part of the world.
- Xcaret Group – Xcaret Group is the most famous theme park in the Riviera Maya. If you visit Cancun, check their prices here to get good discounts.
- Viator – If you need to find inspiration about things to do in Cozumel, check on Viator to see the tours they offer for diving and other activities
- Rental Cars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Yacht Rental – If you are thinking of spending time in a paradise beach destination with friends or family, this is a good option to enjoy the beach life.
- Sailing Trip – For cruising holidays, book a sailing trip, they have many trip destinations, lehghts and standing.
- Dive the World – If you are a diver, book a diving trip with them. They have dive packages everywhere in the world with very attractive prices.