Best beach destination in Mexico
Puerto Morelos, best beach destination 2020 post Covid-19
Puerto Morelos, best beach destination 2020
If you are thinking of taking a break and looking for the best beach destination after the covid-19, you will find many places with cristal clear water, cocconut trees on a while sand beach, tropical islands and crispy sun shine. We have an excellent suggestion for you on the Mexican Carribean coast.
Puerto Morelos is definitely dream-worthy and the best beach destination 2020 after the covid-19. Puerto Morales is a laid-back fishing village just 20 minutes south of Cancun. What visitors love about ‘Puerto’ are lower prices and a slower pace of life than its larger, busier neighbors. It’s the perfect spot for relaxation at one of the several Puerto Morelos vacation rentals – a place to get away from it all and experience the pure Caribbean life, while still being centrally located to the surrounding attractions of the Riviera Maya.
You have all the beauty of the Caribbean less than 20 minutes from the Cancun International Airport. Puerto is located almost exactly between Cancun and Playa del Carmen, and literally right off the highway.
Staying in Puerto means you get the advantages and the amenities that Cancun and Playa offer, but none of the crowds and needless noise.
A bit of history
Have you ever heard of the term Chicle? It’s a resin used to make chewing gum.
Not only did the ancient Maya contribute huge wisdom to our vision of astronomy and architecture they contributed their knowledge to something within the reach of almost everyone today: chewing gum. Known among the Maya as “sicté,” meaning “essential fluid,” it was completely natural, with white color and without flavors or added sugar.It had a special manufacturing process that only the ancient Maya had mastered.The gum was boiled and shaped into bricks, loaded onto a railroad, pulled by mules or horses over tracks through the jungle to Puerto Morelos, then shipped around the world.
Puerto Morelos is unique because it is the only deep-water port in this neck of the sands.In the mid-1900s manufacturers started using a cheaper synthetic base for their products, thus taking away the port’s main business.However, since then not much has changed.That’s what makes this place so great!
You’re guaranteed to meet some of the friendliest people in the world, learn a little history, and truly unwind in a serene and laidback atmosphere.
White sand Caribbean beach of Puerto Morelos
You’re on vacation in a tropical paradise, of course, you are going to want some valuable rest and relaxation time on the beach and in the beautiful water.
Generally, speaking beaches in Puerto Morelos are wide, sandy, uncrowded, and groomed every single morning!
The water here is fit for snorkeling so be sure to bring your gear with you. However, if you do forget to bring it you will be able to buy some locally on the town’s main square or rent some from one of the locals just past the pier.
In Puerto Morelos, the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef comes right to the surface around 300 yards off-shore. You can watch the white water as the ocean waves break apart and tumble over the coral reef, creating fantastic sights and sounds to enjoy from your lounge chair. Many boats offer rides to the reef in calm water to enjoy world-class snorkeling and near by, there are many diving spots. Book your tour with tourmexico.de
Scuba diving or snorkelling
There are also a lot of Cenotes near Puerto Morelos, in fact, there is an entire road full of them! It is called Ruta de Los Cenotes and you are going to need to either rent a car or book a tour to get to it. You could also just take a taxi but if you do that make sure you plan ahead so you know which Cenote near Puerto Morelos to go to. Book a tour with travelmexplor.co
Visit The Cenotes Near Puerto Morelos
Shopping in Puerto Morelos
If you’re retail crazy and like to shower yourself with expensive gifts on vacation, then Puerto Morelos is not the place to do it! Most of the shops here are the ones that line the town’s main square. Here you’ll find authentic Mexican goods, delicious local treats, and even a flea market!
The locals here are very kind, not pushy like other places in Mexico. It’s never crowded and you’re guaranteed to find a great deal!
Is Puerto Morelos Safe?
Most of the Yucatan is very safe in general, as the Mexican government tries very hard to protect the tourism industry which brings millions of dollars to the country. Puerto Morelos is no exception–it’s very safe. You’ll feel comfortable walking its streets at any time of day or night.
Book your trip
Are you ready to book your trip? .Here are the websites you can use to book your trip, get inspired with the best things to do in your destinations and travel smarter.
- Kiwi.com– A great website to book your flights. It has good airfares but you need to search regulaly as the prices are constantly changing
- Booking.com – The best website to book your accommodation, you can book and cancel free up until a certain point, especially when your plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – You can get some really nice places to stay here. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hotel.com – Huge choice of hotels with free cancellation up until a certain point. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Agoda – Agoda is very good if you are searching hotels, resorts, houses. They always have attractive promotions.
- Get your Guide – It is a platform where you will find tours and excurtions in Cozumel and every part of the world.
- Xcaret Group – Xcaret Group is the most famous theme park in the Riviera Maya. If you visit Cancun, check their prices here to get good discounts.
- Viator – If you need to find inspiration about things to do in Cozumel, check on Viator to see the tours they offer for diving and other activities
- Rental Cars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Yacht Rental – If you are thinking of spending time in a paradise beach destination with friends or family, this is a good option to enjoy the beach life.
- Sailing Trip – For cruising holidays, book a sailing trip, they have many trip destinations, lehghts and standing.
- Dive the World – If you are a diver, book a diving trip with them. They have dive packages everywhere in the world with very attractive prices.