With the lockdown that we experienced, the Festival of Life and Death Traditions, organized by Grupo Xcaret, had to be suspended in person in 2020. But this year, from October 30 to November 2, activities are resumed. Learn about the surprises that you can enjoy at Xcaret day of the dead.
Xcaret day of the dead 2021
The Life and Death Festival of Xcaret is one of the best ways to celebrate the Day of the Dead in the Riviera Maya.
The tradition of the Day of the Dead is present in Mexico’s Majestic Paradise. From October 30 to November 2nd, Xcaret Park is ready to welcome the souls of those who already departed and return from beyond to visit their beloved ones.
In 2021 takes place the 15th edition of the Festival of Life and Death Traditions. To celebrate it, we receive the Mexican state of Quintana Roo as a special guest. Join the Hanal Pixán festivity or ‘food of the souls’, when the spirits receive permission to return to this plain for a few days to be with their families. They are welcomed with a traditional altar, where delicious foods from the gastronomy of the Yucatan Peninsula are present.
This 2021 edition of the Festival of Life and Death in Xcaret will include several artistic presentations such as dance, theater plays, workshops, and exhibitions, besides digital events to opening this celebration to a larger audience. Also, there will be the traditional space for children at the Interactive Hacienda, where they can learn while having fun, plus the All Saints Catholic mass on November 1st.
The Day of the Dead festivities in Mexico are enlisted as an Intangible Cultural Heritage by UNESCO. Come to celebrate life and remember those who have already departed at Xcaret, where you experience the best of Mexico.
This festival brings together musical, gastronomic, folkloric and artistic expressions around this Mexican celebration. It is a mixture of tradition and interpretation very much in the style of this ecological park.
In each edition, a state/province of Mexico is invited as guest of honor, highlighting its culture, its own Day of the Dead celebration, its gastronomy and music.
On the other hand, the Day of the Dead was catalogued as Intangible Heritage of Humanity by Unesco in 2008.
Book your trip
Are you ready to book your trip? .Here are the websites you can use to book your trip, get inspired with the best things to do in your destinations and travel smarter.
- Kiwi.com– A great website to book your flights. It has good airfares but you need to search regulaly as the prices are constantly changing
- Booking.com – The best website to book your accommodation, you can book and cancel free up until a certain point, especially when your plans are forever changing. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Airbnb – You can get some really nice places to stay here. If you don’t have an account and you click on this link then you will get $36 off your first booking.
- Hotel.com – Huge choice of hotels with free cancellation up until a certain point. It’s easy to use and has one of the widest selections.
- Agoda – Agoda is very good if you are searching hotels, resorts, houses. They always have attractive promotions.
- Get your Guide – It is a platform where you will find tours and excurtions in Cozumel and every part of the world.
- Xcaret Group – Xcaret Group is the most famous theme park in the Riviera Maya. If you visit Cancun, check their prices here to get good discounts.
- Viator – If you need to find inspiration about things to do in Cozumel, check on Viator to see the tours they offer for diving and other activities
- Rental Cars – Looking to rent a. car while you are away? I always book through Rental Cars as they do a search of all of the big sites and find the best deals.
- Yacht Rental – If you are thinking of spending time in a paradise beach destination with friends or family, this is a good option to enjoy the beach life.
- Sailing Trip – For cruising holidays, book a sailing trip, they have many trip destinations, lehghts and standing.
- Dive the World – If you are a diver, book a diving trip with them. They have dive packages everywhere in the world with very attractive prices.